OUT NOW! Matter Affect
18/07/2022 Cover design, Curating, De Perifeer, Design 2D, Esc.rec., Logo design, Portfolio, Publications, Shop
Matter Affect is a voluminous compilation with work by all artists, performers and collaboration partners who have been confronted with COVID restrictions in the program of De Perifeer in recent years; shows that have been cancelled, moved (several times), took place in an adapted form or could not even be booked.
De Perifeer asked everyone involved to reflect on this strange period in their own way. This was allowed in every conceivable way; in audio, text, image or combinations thereof. The list of participants is surprisingly long. But the relatively manageable scale of De Perifeer makes it possible to make an elaborate edition like this, in which the impact of COVID on cultural program is clearly felt on a personal level and which shows what is hidden behind the statistics.
All submitted material is collected in an A4 sized box in a limited and numbered edition of 250. Matter Affect consists of substantively different entries in almost every conceivable art discipline; a long list of both local and (inter)national composers, artists, musicians and organisations. The whole is accompanied by a contextual book.
And then we would almost forget that Matter Affect is simultaneously the 100th release on the Esc.rec. label. Party time!
More information, including a complete listing (and photos)of the contents can be found on this Bandcamp page. You can also order the box from there.
On 19 July en 20 July De Perifeer hosts concerts in the Chapel at Valkhof Festival, to celebrate this release.
Matter Affect was financially supported by Gemeente Deventer and Jeannette Hollaar Fund.
LIST OF CONTENTS
The download of Matter Affect is a Bandcamp exclusive (so don’t bother looking it up on Spotify) and includes:
– 37 audio tracks by Hydra Ensemble, Nobuka, FEAN, atoomclub, Plan Kruutntoone, Dario Calderone / Roland Dahinden / Gareth Davis, Able Noise, Jon Doe One, Albert Cirera, Guillaume Gargaud, Kabas, Karen Willems, Salmoni, One Small Step, Epic Rick, Invisible Ralf, Dotlights, slo-fi, Snackbar The Ambassador, ?TONN, Secluded Bronte, Lukas Simonis & Pierre Bastien, Zbigniew Chojnacki, Jorg & Apzolut, UGLYDUB, Tijden Van Nood, Toxic Chicken, homosampliens, ZALM, Simon Weiss ft. Anan Striker
– contextual booklet about Matter Affect and all its contents (PDF)
The box set of Matter Affect includes:
– all previously mentioned audio tracks compiled on 3 cd’s, except ‘Vivarium’ and ‘Dance With The Devil (Gate 6)’, which are only included in the download
– A4 sized contextual booklet about Matter Affect and all its contents
– text of ‘Life in the village; it’s difficult’ and photo Plan Kruutntoone
– online project ‘audible haiku for resting’ and postcard by Francesco Ameglio
– quote by Zbigniew Chojnacki
– photo by Barbara Debeuckelaere, printed on a card
– A4 sized artwork ‘This is a copy…’ by Jeroen Diepenmaat / Hellend Vlak
– several QR-coded links to online recordings of live streams and other online material
– printed A4 sized collage by Hidde van Schie
– postcard by G aka Gerard Olthaar
– folded A3 sized offset print by Sounds Like Juggling
– A4 sized riso print ‘Covidus Interuptus’ by Sander op den Dries
– video ‘Dead Pasta’ by Beam The Bomb
– edited video recording of live performance by Kraftformer
– folded 40cm x 40cm offset print of ‘What’s inside the Coronium?’, originally a 50cm x 50cm pen drawing by Domenique Himmelsbach de Vries
– text and photo by Kunstenlab
– A4 sized riso print by NachtExpo
– postcard with video ‘Blue, Celeste, Turquoise – She has Something Sensual’ by Esther Kokmeijer & Machinefabriek
– postcard and text by MIMIK
– A4 size printed score by Roland Dahinden & May Kooreman
– A4 sized book ‘Parabel van de vlieg en het paard’ with flexidisc single ‘Wat ik deed, was niet wat jij wilde’ by Peet & De Teefjes
– set of 4 printed photos by Nobuka
– complete cd album ‘Valse Rust’ by Ensemble Extra Ordinair
– video ‘Frammento’ by Salmoni with choreography and dance by Sara Saccotelli
– A4 sized riso print of ‘The Winterman’ by Danielle Lemaire, originally a colour pencil drawing on paper
– offset print of drawing ‘Lockdown Variation 85’ by Jaap Blonk